We hope that everyone had a wonderful summer and your child is looking forward to an exciting new school year! We have interviews with our JK families next week and we are also presenting at an Early Years workshop on Thursday. Our school year begins on Monday September 10 and we will have our newsletter available the first day of school. I have had lots of request for photos of our room so I will be posting those next week. Here are a few reminders before we begin the school year.
1. Just a reminder JK parents that you have a scheduled interview next week, if you need to change the appointment please call the school and speak to one of the teachers.
2. Please send in an extra set of clothing that will be kept in the cupboard above your child's mailbox.
3. In the next few weeks please send in a family photo for our board located in front of the living wall.
4. Please remember to label all containers for your child's snack and lunch.
5. Please make sure to read all forms that come home that first week. I would like to post the photos from our Orientation night so I will need the photo consent forms signed in order to do so.
I will be posting more information in the next few days!
Wednesday, 22 August 2012
Yesterday I took my niece to one of the Ontario Early Years Center on California. She had a wonderful time and loved interacting with Miss. Pat during her visit. These centers are located throughout Windsor and are a great place for parents and their children to play and engage in a variety of activities. The programs are free and are open to all parents, grandparents and caregivers with young children up to the age of 6 years. The Lassaline location at 3145 Wildwood is the one closest to Suzuki or you can call the information line at (519)255-5344 or 211 or visit the website at
Friday, 17 August 2012
It is a wonderful time of the year to take a drive in the county with your children. While on that drive you can see all the vegetables growing in the farmer fields and discover the produce at the roadside stands. This week after our drive for tomotoes it was canning time with my neice, nephew and in-laws. It is never too early to introduce children to helping out in the kitchen or with activities like this so they will hopefully grow up like my children and develop a love for cooking!